Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) helps clients maintain independent living, and offers services to those who are unable to shop for food or cook for themselves by delivering well-balanced, delicious, and affordable meals that nourish the body. Clients may order more than one (1) meal per day and can register for more than one (1) meal program.
The meals served by Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) have been identified as being among the most nutritious in the province.
Please Note: Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) is not to be the client’s sole source of nutrition.
Nutrition Programs Offered
- Hot Meal Program Hot meals are prepared by Home of Our Own Catering and are delivered fresh to your door.
- Home Meal Replacement Home Meal Replacements are frozen meals that are flash frozen with no extra preservatives added.
- Meals for Moms This program include both the Hot Meal Program (HMP) and the Home Meal Replacement (HMR) Program.
- Wheels to Meals This program is geared to encourage socialization and interaction with clients and volunteers.
Meal delivery is currently only available to those client who are receiving the HOT MEAL program
- All delivery personnel are trained Volunteer Delivery Drivers
- Meals are delivered directly to the client’s home from Monday to Friday*
- Meals are delivered between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Clients choose the days of delivery that they wish to have
It is the responsibility of the client to give 24 business hours notice if they will not be home to receive their meal. There is no pre-arranged delivery time and clients are to be aware that volunteers have from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to deliver all meals. Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) is not responsible if a client does an errand during this time and misses their meal delivery. There is no meal delivery on Statutory Holidays, clients are reminded of dates prior to and are offered a Home Meal Replacement (HMR).
If the client is not home upon the delivery of the meal, the meal will be returned to the office. The client may arrange to have the meal picked up prior to 4:30 p.m. the day of the attempted delivery. If delivery was not made and the meal is not picked up, the client will still be charged for the meal.
We understand things may happen and a client may be away unexpectedly. Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) staff members and volunteers are concerned about your well being. We encourage clients, or another individual, to contact our office as soon as possible.
Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) services may be cancelled due to weather conditions, or other unforeseen circumstances affecting deliveries. Clients must keep additional food in their homes in the case of cancelled deliveries.
Clients are responsible for making service payments and communicating directly with Meals On Wheels (Sudbury). Volunteers will not transmit messages or payments to the Meals On Wheels (Sudbury) office.
*Please note that meal delivery to the areas of Copper Cliff, Dowling, Levack, Onaping Falls, and Walden are only Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.